About Us | The Organic Gardening Catalogue
The Organic Gardening Catalogue is the official catalogue of the Garden Organic, Europe's leading organic gardening organisation. The catalogue is run as a joint venture with Chase Organics in Hersham, Surrey, UK who have been suppliers to organic gardeners for over 80 years.
We are very happy to supply both members and non-members. Within our shop you can find a great range of seeds, fertilisers, composts, pest controls, weed controls, tools and books - there really is something for everyone inside.
- To create a healthy 'living' garden.
- Free the garden from chemical pesticides and fertilisers.
- Grow clean, fresh and tasty food.
- Conserve the environment for present and future generations.
- Support the valuable work of the Garden Organic (HDRA) .
About our seeds
For over 50 years Chase have been supplying high quality seeds that are suitable for organic gardening, tried and tested in our own gardens. In that time we have built up a balanced range:
Old vegetable varieties that were established before the advent of chemical fertilisers and pesticides, which often thrive in organic conditions. Where known, the date of introduction is shown.
Newer vegetable varieties - strong growing, uniform plants often able to resist or tolerate disease and pest attacks, particularly useful where there is no other means of control.
Herbs - A full collection of types for culinary, medicinal and decorative use.
Flowers and Wild Flowers - A wide range of varieties are on offer - these form an important part of a balanced organic garden.
Green Manure Seeds – Plants grown to benefit your soil
Sprouting Seeds - many different types available.
Genetically Modified Seeds and Plants
We do not sell, nor have we ever sold, genetically modified seeds or plant material.
Our range consists of both Organic and Non-organic seeds. These are defined as follows :
Organic Seeds are produced from plants grown to recognised Organic standards. No chemicals are used either before or after harvest. All organic seeds in the catalogue are clearly marked with the "Organic" logo.
Coated Organic Seeds. A few varieties that are used extensively by commercial growers are supplied to us with a chalky white coating on them to aid visibility against te soil or compost. it is organically certified and leaves no harmful residue.
Non-Organic Seeds are produced from plants grown by non-organic growers. No chemical treatments have been used or applied after harvest. Other seed suppliers may sell seed which has been given a coating of chemical to combat fungus or disease, but you can be sure that all our seed is supplied in it's natural state. Organic gardeners have shown for many years that good results can be achieved without such treatments.
Why aren't all our seeds organic?
A few years ago, organically produced seed was very rare, and using untreated non-organic seed was the only option for most organic growers. However, since then, the situation has improved. We now have many sources of organic seeds, including the following which are available exclusively through The Organic Gardening Catalogue in the UK
||A range of organic seeds from French producer Ferme de St Marthe. Their speciality is tomato seeds, and these have boosted the number of tomatoes on offer to over 45 varieties!
There are still gaps where no organic seed is available, and our aim is to fill these when we can. Until that time we will continue to offer high quality, non-organic seed of varieties that have been shown to perform well in organic gardens, providing our customers with the widest possible choice.
Garden Organic Member Benefits
You don't need to be a member of Garden Organic to buy from The Organic Gardening Catalogue but here are some of the benefits of joining :
How to Join Garden Organic
- Unlimited free organic gardening advice from Garden Organic’s gardening experts. You can email Garden Organic with your question or problem and we will do our best to solve it for you.: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your membership number as this will ensure a prompt reply.
- A full colour quarterly magazine, The Organic Way, packed with advice and information.
- 10% discount off everything in The Organic Gardening Catalogue
- Free admission to Garden Organic’s showpiece garden at its headquarters Ryton Organic Gardens, in the midlands, including The Vegetable Kingdom visitor centre.
- Free admission to the walled kitchen garden at Audley End House, near Saffron Walden, Essex.
- Plus unlimited free entry to ten other nationally known gardens : Wisley, Rosemoor, Hyde Hall, Brogdale, Harlow Carr, West Dean, Normanby Hall, Barnsdale, Birmingham Botanical Gardens and The Organic Centre, Co Leitrim.
- The opportunity to take part in organic experiments in your own garden.
You can join online at by adding membership to your order - see the Join Garden Organic category on the left hand menu, or by visiting www.gardenorganic.org.uk. As you will not know your membership number or the password at this stage, we will make sure that the discount is deducted from your order once it has been received in our office, and you will receive a full statement showing this on receipt of your goods.
Garden Organic Members' Discount
To claim your 10% discount please enter your membership number in the My Details area of the site. This will be stored and and will automatically deduct the discount when you order.
Every Order Counts!
Remember all purchases from this catalogue help to fund Garden Organic's work in researching and promoting Organic Gardening.
The Organic Gardening Catalogue is a trading name of
Chase Organics (Great Britain) Ltd
Riverdene Business Park
Telephone 01932 253666
Fax 01932 252707
Registered Office Terminal House, Shepperton, Surrey TW17 8AS
Registered in England number 699325
VAT number GB 207 6434 73